Procedures for Requesting Academic Adjustments, Auxiliary Aids, and/or Services
Listed below is a brief description of the procedures for submitting documentation and determining eligibility for academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services at Penn State DuBois.
- Students seeking services for a disability must self-disclose the need for services to The Office for Disability Services (ODS). The student should contact ODS to schedule an appointment for an intake interview. The office can be contacted by calling 814-372-3037. During the intake interview, the student’s disorder/impairment and academic history are discussed, services are explained, and the rights and responsibilities of the student and Penn State are reviewed.
- Each student is required to provide diagnostic documentation from a licensed professional. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain documentation and present a copy to ODS for review. The documentation must meet Penn State’s guidelines for appropriate documentation. For detailed information regarding Penn State’s guidelines for documenting a specific disability, go to the Equity web site
- The documentation is reviewed and evaluated to determine if Penn State’s documentation guidelines have been met, and to determine if the student’s disorder/impairment meets the criteria for having a disability. A disability (as defined by the Rehabilitation Act, 1973, and the American’s with Disabilities Act, Amendments Act, 2008) is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. The determination for reasonable academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services is an interactive process that is determined on a case by case and a course by course basis.
Students interested in obtaining services at Penn State DuBois for a disability should begin the process described above as soon as possible. If additional information is needed at any time during the process, the procedure of reviewing documentation can be delayed, which may also delay the delivery of academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services.
If the documentation submitted does not sufficiently address the student's current functional impairment or describe how the disorder/impairment substantially limits one or more major life activities, additional information will be required.
Information Request Form
Submission of this form prior to starting at PSU will result in further correspondence from the campus Disability Contact Liaison to provide additional information concerning services. Early receipt of this form will allow for a more timely response to your request for services. Completion of this form is optional. All students should consult the PSU Office for Disability Services website for additional information.
Students are required to self-identify by contacting the Disability Contact Liaison. You may contact Diana Kreydt at: 372-3037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This publication is available in alternative media on request.
- Disability Services
- Various Important Disability Links
- The Rehabilitation Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Policies & Procedures Exams
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Procedures for Requesting Adjustments
- Establishing Eligibility
- Verification Forms
- Parking Permits
- PSU Office of Disability Services
- Discrimination & Grievance Procedures