Students with disabilities who are entering college need to be well informed about changes in their rights and responsibilities as well as the rights and responsibilities afforded by the University. Prospective students with disabilities are encouraged to contact or visit the Office for Student Disability Resources in their junior or senior years of high school in order to find out more about disability services at the college level.
The responsibilities of postsecondary schools are significantly different from those of school districts at the secondary level. The responsibilities of students with disabilities are significantly different as well. As a student with a disability enters the college setting, it is in their best interest to know the differences in programs between high school and post-secondary training, as described under Section 504 and Title II. Doing so will improve the opportunity to succeed in a postsecondary education.
- Disability Resources
- Various Important Disability Links
- The Rehabilitation Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Policies & Procedures Exams
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Procedures for Requesting Adjustments
- Establishing Eligibility
- Verification Forms
- Parking Permits
- PSU Office for Student Disability Resources
- Discrimination & Grievance Procedures