If you intend to run for a first year senator position you must be a full time student attending Penn State DuBois. You must also be able to attend the September 9th meeting and 16th retreat.
Officers and senators require a 2.0 GPA. If elected, you will also be required to attend all of the meetings for the remainder of this year as well as next year. The meetings for for the Spring semester are: March 31, April 14, and April 28 (209 DEF), 2006 at 12:15pm. All meetings are in the Quiet Lounge unless otherwise noted.
Elections for officers will be held on March 21 and 22 and Upper Class Senator elections will be on March 28 and 29. Intent to run forms must be filled out and turned into the SGA mailbox by Friday, March 17, 2006.
If you have any questions please contact: Kyle Hilfiger SGA President 375-4778 or email@example.com
Campaigning Rules and Regulations:
A. As for campaigning during classes, a student may campaign as long as they are not detrimental to other students or to the academic environment.
B. Posters and other election material should not cover windows or doors or litter the campus.
C. Any form of campaigning, including posters and speeches, should not take place in the room that voting resides(during voting?).
D. An appeal of unfair campaigning by one candidate against the other can be submitted to the election committee, who will decide the validity of the appeal.
E. Posters and other election material should have the signature of the SGA advisor before being mounted on the bulletin boards.
F. All email campaigning will adhere to the following:
1. Only the candidate can submit email campaigns on his/her behalf
2. Email campaign material will be sent from the candidate's Penn State email account directly to the SGA advisor. Upon approval, the advisor will post the campaign material to the available campus broadcast email server.
G. All web page campaigns will adhere to the followings:
1. All campaign web pages will be approved by the SGA advisor prior to being opened to public viewing, and will not be modified without the modifications also being approved.
2. Campaign web pages will either be posted on the candidate's Penn State web space or linked to through and email as outlined in section 3, paragraph f. These regulations were taken from the SGA constitution, Article IX, Section
3. Due to a change in University Policy, students are no longer allowed to mount/post anything on the walls of the University.
If you have any questions and/or problems, see SGA President Kyle Hilfiger or SGA Advisor Rebecca Pennington.
CLICK HERE for Intent to Run Forms online
- Student Engagement