Penn State DuBois Student Affairs is here to partner with you in order to ensure student success, provide opportunities for your engagement with the University and educate you about resources and services available within the University community.
Student Affairs Resources
The office of Student Affairs has many resources to assist your student while attending Penn State DuBois. They are as follows:
- See the Academic Calendar for important semester dates including first and last day of classes, academic deadlines, holidays, and commencement.
- The Office of the University Registrar provides information for parents to help your student navigate the university.
- The Undergraduate Degree Programs Bulletin contains academic program requirements and course listings.
- The Undergraduate Advising Handbook is published by the Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) in consultation with offices throughout Penn State to provide user-friendly advising information regarding University-wide academic policies and procedures.
- The Academic site offers degree information for programs at Penn State DuBois.
Access to Student Information
eLion is Penn State’s web-based interactive system, where students, faculty, advisers, parents, and others go for access to academic and financial records and services.
How can students use eLion?
Students use eLion to access the information and services needed to initiate and complete academic programs. Specifically, students are able to review financial aid awards, register for courses, find advisor assignments, pay semester bills, check grades, drop and add courses, update address information, and more.
How can parents use eLion?
Students can grant access to portions of their academic record to parents and others who need to view this information. Once access is given, parents/others can use eLion to:
- access and pay tuition bills
- view financial aid summaries
- see their student’s class schedule and grades
- obtain a verification of student enrollment
- request a Parent PLUS loan
- view tax credit information
How do parents get started on eLion?
To get started on eLion, parents/others must have an active Penn State User ID -- either a Friends of Penn State (FPS) account (parents/others) or a Penn State Access account (for employees). In addition, their student must authorize them to view portions of the academic record.
Step 1 – If a parent/other does not have an active Penn State User ID, they can obtain a “Friends of Penn State” account. Go to elion.psu.edu and select “Parent/Other.” Click on “Create an Account” and follow the instructions to create a Friends of Penn State (FPS) account.
Step 2 - Provide your student with your Penn State User ID -- either a Friends of Penn State (FPS) account (parents/others) or a Penn State Access account (for employees).
Step 3 - Student logs into eLion and selects “Personal Profile” to grant his or her parent/other access to specific student information as detailed above.
Where can parents get eLion help?
For additional information, contact Student Affairs.
- Student Services
- Resources and Links
- Behavioral Threat Management
- Clubs and Organizations
- Crime Victims
- Early Intervention & Behavioral Threat Management
- Edge Programs - Online Modules
- Events Calendar
- Housing (Off Campus)
- Missing Students
- New Student Orientation
- Parents and Families
- Policies, Safety and U
- Report Hate
- Resources for Faculty
- Sexual Harassment
- Student Guide to General Policies and Rules
- Change of Campus Services
- University Police
- University Academic Policies and Procedures
- Victims of Sexual Assault