The Office of Student Aid administers all major aid programs at Penn State and strives to ensure access to educational opportunity for those in greatest financial need.
There are aid programs available for both undergraduate students and graduate students.
To receive aid, a student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
- Must comply with Penn State's academic progress standards.
- Must not be in default on an educational loan and must not owe a repayment on an adjusted federal grant.
- Must be enrolled in an eligible degree program.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits for undergraduate, 5 credits at the 400 level or above for graduate) students.
- If male and age 18-25, must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must be a citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number.
- Must have a high school diploma, a GED, or a passing "ability to benefit" test result.
- Financial Aid