Welcome Adult Learners
At Penn State DuBois, an adult learner (or non-traditional student) is defined as one whom:
- is 24 years of age or older; or
- is a veteran of the armed services; or active duty service member; or
- is returning to school after four or more years of employment, homemaking, or other activity; or
- assumes multiple adult roles such as parent, spouse/partner, and employee.
For more information about applying to Penn State DuBois, contact Tharren Thompson, Enrollment Services, (814) 372-3043 or email@example.com.
- Watch more videos for non-traditional students, "The Penn State Advantage" and "The People"
- Veteran Programs
- Non-credit Professional Development Courses
- RN to BS Program
- Health Science Professions Certificate e-Book
All degrees and minors offered by Penn State DuBois: Degrees and Minors
All credit certificates offered by Penn State DuBois: Credit Certificates
About returning to the classroom ...
Adult students often enter the college environment anxious and uncertain about their ability to succeed and compete successfully with more traditional students. Current research tells us that adult students are typically more successful than younger students because of their maturity and the experience that they bring to the classroom. Adults are likely to exhibit high levels of motivation, more specific occupational goals, and an uncompromising desire to get the most education possible for the money. Penn State provides a variety of services and activities to help adult students be successful in their college experience.
- Get professional guidance and support all along the way.
- Select from professional development, credit certificates, and degree programs.
- Take advantage of a variety of scheduling options:
- enroll part- for full-time while participating in day and/or evening classes
- study at home through courses via the Internet
- Interact with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Accumulate college credits that are transferable to other learning institutions.
- Earn a certificate or degree that is respected worldwide.
- Office and Campus Information
- Campus Initiatives and Opportunities