Fieldwork Educators Information
As a fieldwork educator or coordinator, you are essential to our program and the profession of Occupational Therapy. You are the Occupational Therapy Assistant students’ bridge between academia and practice. Our mission is to provide you with the space to collaborate and communicate about important information related to fieldwork education.
Penn State ASOT Program Resources
Fieldwork Resources from AOTA
On this AOTA webpage you can find resources about fieldwork education, including level I and II fieldwork, site-specific objectives, student supervision, Fieldwork Educators Certificate Workshop, and Q & A about fieldwork.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Yearly fieldwork educators workshop offered. Announcements will be sent to participating clinics for registration.
- Preceptor Education Program: Preceptors (clinical instructors) and students, take advantage of this free on-line program as you prepare for clinical placements. Once you complete the short registration process and instantly receive your login information, you can access the PEP program anytime, anywhere. Each module takes about 30 minutes to complete and is full of quick tips and downloadable learning activities and tools. It is easy to navigate, colourful, fun to use, and many of the modules are designed so that preceptors and students can work through them together. A certificate can be printed at the end of the module to record the education completed.
- NBCOT Professional Development Tools
For more information, please contact:
Amy Fatula, M.Ed., COTA/L, ATP
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
Penn State University
DuBois, PA 15801
- Occupational Therapy Associates Degree
- Occupational Therapy Associates Degree Home Page
- Graduation and NBCOT Data
- Admissions Requirements
- Alumni Perspectives
- Courses and Recommended Academic Plans
- Fieldwork Educators Information
- Important OT Links
- Job Opportunities
- Learning Activities
- News and Events
- OTA Club
- Request More Information