Recommended Academic Plan for Mechanical Engineering Technology (2MET at Penn State DuBois) Effective Spring 2013
|E DSGN 100 Introduction to Engineering Design||3||CAS 100 (GWS) Effective Speech||3|
|MET 105 Mechanical Systems||3||CMPET 117 Digital Electronics||3|
|MATH 026 (GQ) Plane Trigonometry||3||CMPET 120 Digital Electronics Lab||1|
|EET 105 Electrical Systems||3||*EDSGN 110 Spatial Analysis in Engineering Design||2|
|ENGL 015 (GWS) Rhetoric and Composition||3||MATH 022 (GQ) College Algebra and Analytical Geometry||3|
|***First-Year Seminar PSU 008||1||MCHT 111 Mechanics for Technology: Statics||3|
|Humanities, Arts, or United States/International Cultures Elective (GH, GA, or US/IL)||3|
|Total Credits:||16||Total Credits:||18|
|IET 215 Production Design||2||MET 210W Machine Design||3|
|IET 216 Production Design Laboratory||2||PHYS 151 (GN) Technical Physics||3|
|MCHT 213 Strength and Properties of Materials||3||S T S 200 (GS) Science Technology & Society||3|
|MCHT 214 Strength and Properties of Materials Lab||1||Humanities, Arts, or United States/International Cultures Elective (GH, GA, or US/IL)||3|
|MET 206 Dynamics and Machine Elements||3||Technical Elective*||3|
|PHYS 150 (GN) Technical Physics1||3|
|Total Credits:||16-18||Total Credits:||15|
- Bold type indicates courses requiring a quality grade of C or better.
- Italic type indicates courses that satisfy both major and General Education requirements.
- Italic Bold type indicates courses requiring a quality grade of C or better and that satisfy both major and General Education requirements.
- GWS, GHA, GQ, GN, GA, GH, and GS are codes used to identify General Education requirements.
- US, IL, and US;IL are codes used to designate courses that satisfy University United States/International Cultures requirements.
- W is the code used to designate courses that satisfy University Writing Across the Curriculum requirement.
Program Notes: Technical electives include the following courses: COURSE LIST: AE T 297; CHEM 101, 110, 111; COMPSC 101; EET 100, 114, 118; EG T 297; IET 105, 109, 297; IST 110, 210, 220, 250; MATH 083, 140; MET 281, 297; STAT 200; SUR 111; EDSGN 210; PHYS 150.
*EDSGN 110 has replaced EGT 114 for Spatial Analysis technical elective.
**MATH 022 may be taken currently with MATH 026.
*** First Year Seminar requirement may also be fulfilled through approved General Education requirement.
Academic Advising Notes: A student’s career/graduate school plans should be considered in developing an individual academic plan. Be sure to consult an adviser in this department when scheduling courses.
- MET Associates Degree