It is recommended that faculty think of their portfolios as "special inserts" in
their curriculum vitae under the heading of "Teaching." Seldin, Peter. (1991). “The Teaching Portfolio.”
Why Explore the use of Teaching Portfolios?
- Portfolios offer a way to embed complexity in assessment of teaching.
- Portfolios present a more accurate representation of teaching than any single assessment tool.
- Portfolios identify opportunities for improvement based on self-reflection
Tools to Help you Get Started
- Teaching Portfolios: Their Purpose, Framework, Content and Current Status
in the Commonwealth College and in Academic in General (.ppt) (best viewed in Internet Explorer)
- Teaching and Learning Portfolio Template (.doc)
- Tips for developing a Teaching and Learning portfolio
- Writing or Editing your Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Teaching and Learning Portfolio Websites with Samples
- Penn State DuBois Faculty Portfolio's
- Teaching and Learning Portfolio Reference List
- Review of Teaching and Learning Portfolios for P & T